/// Redline Division Motorsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  WelcomeWelcome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NA FG Civic Build

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:06 am

Modz:

AEM Short Ram Intake
Strup Race Header
Skunk2 70mm (2.75") Catback Exhaust
Skunk2 Lowering Springs

So far its fairly stock, so its not a true NA build.
I haven't had her on the dyno yet, but people on the fourms seem to be getting around 200whp with the I/H/E combo. I've seen the combo get 205whp, and also get 195whp.

One day she'll be a NA beast... One day. Haha.

-dalton

EDIT: I plan on getting the Greddy Turbo Kit by the end of this coming summer.
I changed my mind because I found out the K-series can handle boost really well, and the Greddy kit is fairly cheap.

Last edited by DaltonD on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AndrewG
Redlining into Fourth
Redlining into Fourth

Male
Number of posts : 144
Your Ride : 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Personal Title : Slow
Registration date : 2008-09-28

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 1:15 pm

ITB's ftmfw. No, sickos, not in the butt. Individual throttle bodies. Smile Throw in some mid range cams and call it a day. Sure, it means replacing your intake that you just bought, but you'll get the manifold too while you're at it. With the way those new motors flow, you'll be making a shit ton of power for NA.
Back to top Go down

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 8:16 pm

I plan on replacing the intake anyway.
And yeah, I would like to get ITB's, but they are expensive as fuck, and I don't think anyone makes em for my car yet. I'll just have to give it time.
I plan on going stage 2 cam, and have Jason tune it for me.
I've heard ITB's are a BITCH to tune though...
Back to top Go down
mr taco
Redlining into Fourth
Redlining into Fourth
mr taco

Male
Number of posts : 210
Your Ride : 2 toyotas, one is slow, the other is slower
Personal Title : desperately begging for parts
Registration date : 2008-07-22

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 8:34 pm

i dont think itb's would be practical for a street vehicle thats daily driven, there is a long list of shit i would do before i got serious enough for itb's lol.
Back to top Go down
AndrewG
Redlining into Fourth
Redlining into Fourth

Male

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 12:35 am

Meh, it depends. Turbos are just as impractical for a daily driver (on a car not engineered with them in mind) but they can be made to work well. With the amount of torque that car can deliver for it's size, with a good tune I think it'd run fine. I could be wrong, of course, but I've never heard of any huge disadvantage running itb's outside of it being a bitch to tune well.

It is true that there's a lot that could be done first, and it would be more practical to do most of it ahead of time. We all know he wont ever do any of this anyway, so it doesn't matter. He'll find something else to blow his money on with the excuse that the civic isn't worth anything.

Really, that's good though. Nothing like having a car you can drive all day without worrying about something you did breaking you down. That car is actually pretty quick... probly about the most you could really ask out of a dd without being completely unreasonable.
Back to top Go down
mr taco
Redlining into Fourth
Redlining into Fourth
mr taco

Male

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:04 am

i think itb's make you lose all of your vacuum lines for your accessories....so say goodbye to a lot of those wonderful Si options....

also you would have to go with a complete standalone engine mangament i think, thats gonna fuck your wallet up
Back to top Go down
srs14
Roasting Tires
Roasting Tires

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-04

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 1:22 am

lol go turbo or go home!!!

i would just go with a small t28 or t25 and run 5 or 6 psi. you could easily get 250 out of it .

the most i would do for an NA build would be cams/springs/ intake and exhaust. maybe a port and polish.

i can almost bet its gonna be hard to make much more than stock.
Back to top Go down
AndrewG
Redlining into Fourth
Redlining into Fourth

Male

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 10:04 am

Meh... you're right about it not making too much more then stock going NA. I've seen people like Skunk 2 go pretty high on that engine (250, 300 maybe?), but that was with itbs and all the extras. Still, having an NA honda is something that I think is pretty damn kool- EVERYONE is boosting their cars. With a little good work he could still be faster then the average boosted honda, I think.

That, and I just don't see the sound of a turbo spooling going as well with that car. :( I like it like it is now.
Back to top Go down

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 12:36 pm

Turbos are amazing, but I just wanna keep this civic NA.
And yeah, Honda knows what their doing when they engineered these engines, so I'm never going to see huge gains, but I'll be happy with 210-230whp for a daily driver for sure.
Hell, I'm happy with the way she is right now.
Back to top Go down
Luda Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Luda Kim

Female
Number of posts : 273
Your Ride : 92 Prelude
Personal Title : Illest Prelude Ninja
Registration date : 2008-07-03

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 12:40 pm

NA BUILDS FTW!
Back to top Go down
http://keesterphotography.wordpress.com
302_Stang
302_Stang

Female
Number of posts : 131
Your Ride : '94 Mustang GT
Personal Title : Ford Lover.

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:55 am

... I'll give the civvie the respect she deserves. She keeps up with my "less-than-stock" 'stang much better than most vehicles I've raced.

Glad to see a "muscular" civic as opposed to a ricey one with a turbo stuck to it.

Congrats on the race the other night and good luck with the build!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kimber_face
mr taco
Redlining into Fourth
Redlining into Fourth
mr taco

Male

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:57 am

stage 2 cam that bitch of a k20 and line up against that 302 again ;]
Back to top Go down

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 9:16 pm

Thanks Kim. Very Happy
I'm sure we'll be racing a lot more in the future.

And It will be a long long time before she is cammed.

NA civic video! (Fairly Stock)

Back to top Go down

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 12:51 pm

Great news guys!
The Civic beat Kim's Mustang GT by a car length! We stopped at 117mph, so I'm sure after 130 she would have pasted me, but whateva.

Honda Power!!!

-dalton
Back to top Go down
mr taco
Redlining into Fourth
Redlining into Fourth
mr taco

Male

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 1:29 pm

you guys went well over a 1/4 mile, because i doubt your trap speed is 117 Wink

and congrats! it was good race!
Back to top Go down
Luda Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Luda Kim

Female
Number of posts : 273
Your Ride : 92 Prelude
Personal Title : Illest Prelude Ninja

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:30 am

DaltonD wrote:
Great news guys!
The Civic beat Kim's Mustang GT by a car length! We stopped at 117mph, so I'm sure after 130 she would have pasted me, but whateva.

Honda Power!!!

-dalton

Wait... did you just say "Pasted me" ? Like, she will paste objects with glue onto your vehicle? Or PASSED you, as in... she gon' whoop yer ass?

...VROOOOOOOOOOM.
Mustang

/end grammar/spelling nazi
Back to top Go down
http://keesterphotography.wordpress.com

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:19 am

Passed...
Lol
Back to top Go down
302_Stang
302_Stang

Female
Number of posts : 131
Your Ride : '94 Mustang GT
Personal Title : Ford Lover.

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 2:40 am

Congrats again, D. ;]

I'm gonna get a few bolt ons myself and we'll see where the 'stang stands then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kimber_face

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 5:22 pm

Sweet. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NA FG Civic Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: NA FG Civic Build   NA FG Civic Build Empty

Back to top Go down

NA FG Civic Build
Page 1 of 1