/// Redline Division Motorsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  WelcomeWelcome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 5:29 pm

I got two new guys comin out.
Nathan with his 98 Integra, and Travis with his 03 Mach1 Mustang.
They both wanna race Kim's Mustang, so I'm sure Nov.15 will be pretty interesting.
Mustang
Back to top Go down
302_Stang
302_Stang

Female
Number of posts : 131
Your Ride : '94 Mustang GT
Personal Title : Ford Lover.
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 10:42 pm

Lol. I'm there.

Mustang Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kimber_face

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 10:49 pm

You better be there.
I would have a very disappointed Mach1 and Integra if you weren't.
My guess is the Mach1s gonna get you by 5 cars, and You'll have the Integra by 5 cars.

Just a guess.

Mustang
Back to top Go down
Luda Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Luda Kim

Female
Number of posts : 273
Your Ride : 92 Prelude
Personal Title : Illest Prelude Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 11:57 am

I don't know if I can go. I'll be at B-Dubs for a while. Hopefully I can sneak away and come tear up some streets.
Back to top Go down
http://keesterphotography.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 6:05 pm

You better sneak. Sneak like a Jew sneaks from his young!
You should run the Integra... I told him you might wanna race if you don't chicken out. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 1:29 am

Good turn out.
Things did get a little crazy, but everything worked out. Thumbs Up
The Mach1 Mustang never showed though... I'm gonna have to give him shit when I see him in class.
Back to top Go down
ludegrl99
Spinning through Second
Spinning through Second
ludegrl99

Female
Number of posts : 53
Your Ride : 99 NBP Prelude
Personal Title : queen of darkness
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 1:37 am

dang i need to come up to one of these sonic things.
Back to top Go down
302_Stang
302_Stang

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 1:45 am

Sure do. Very Happy

We need to be more careful about where we go for the extracurricular activities... due to the lack of a track. x.x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 11:02 am

My bad about taking you guys to that one place. I just thought we were going to run, and get out of there. Not hang for 20min+.
I personally like that road (besides the fact that its kinda bumpy) because its easy as hell to leave, and even though the cops know about it, more than likely there isn't going to be a cop out there until someone calls them.
The other road on the other hand is freakin awesome. Nice and smooth, two lane and long as fuck. The only thing I don't like is that its by so many "main" streets. (And my buddy Tim told me that place is crawling with cops past 10pm)
From now on I don't think we should stick around near as long. We should know who is gonna run who before we go, line up in the order we are gonna run, then leave and regroup.

Not saying you guys were wrong for staying, just saying you have more balls than me. Wink
Back to top Go down
302_Stang
302_Stang

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 11:50 am

It is easy as hell to leave... but it's only one lane. Which means that one person has to be in the opposing lane of traffic. And while it's unlikely... there are side streets and it is a residential area. It would be very easy for a wreck to happen there. The cop last night said they get calls every Friday and Saturday night... so we aren't the only ones that go out there. For me, that's reason enough to stay away. I know that we're not going to take drugs and alcohol out there, but those other people might. I don't want to get in trouble because of their reputation, and that's what happened last night.

As far as the other road, it is awesome. But not the part of it where we went last night. Sure, it's a quarter mile and flat and shit, but it's a dead end... it would be very easy for us to get trapped down there. I prefer the part before the stop light... there's no traffic, it's open, it's easy to see, it's smooth... while there are those two hills, it's really not that big a deal. There's more than a quarter mile of flat space and it would be extremely easy to get out of there.... even if cops came from both directions, it's four lanes and a median wide. Besides that, there are several dead end side streets and a few little flat paved areas where we could hang out afterwards and I don't think it'd be that big a deal.

That's just my opinion on it. I don't think there's a reason to be flighty about it... meaning I don't like the "race-and-run" theory. The "other road" is open and dead enough that there would be no problem hanging out afterwards.
Back to top Go down
AndrewG
Redlining into Fourth
Redlining into Fourth

Male
Number of posts : 144
Your Ride : 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Personal Title : Slow
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 1:55 pm

I don't guess it really matters, because everyone is going to do their own thing. Some people think it's kool to get caught by the cops and get nothing, other people would prefer not to have that interaction at all.

I'm a pussy. I don't like getting pulled over whether I get a ticket or not. I don't like the cops recognizing me because they pulled me over. It's just not good to be on their list for anything other then knowing them from when they are off duty.

I do think it's stupid that you people want to go hang out on a street, whether out of town or in town, in the middle of the night. Not only are there other places to be that can provide food (that's a hint), but it just looks suspicious. People WILL start to recognize your cars, and you wont get off easy forever. Don't give me the "They can't do anything" speech, because they can do something. They can do whatever they want, whether it's legal or not, and if you give them shit it makes it worse for you. No matter how well you know the law, what they say is the law until it goes to court afterwards. Cops are there for a reason.

If you all are going to race, at least be smart about it. Don't go round and round racing the same street over and over. Run your thing and leave- there's plenty of places to go. Not only do I not want to get noticed for spectating, but I'd prefer not to have any of you get your cars impounded, either. :P

Every where you go people will call the cops on you. It's not hard- you can hear half your cars from a mile away and it's easy to tell where you are over flat ground. Just be smart, and make sure you leave your ego at sonic.
Back to top Go down
Luda Kim
Administrator
Administrator
Luda Kim

Female
Number of posts : 273
Your Ride : 92 Prelude
Personal Title : Illest Prelude Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 2:23 pm

^^

I'm going to have to say that I'm with you damn near 100%. I definitely think getting noticed by the cops is generally just a shitty thing -- once you've been seen doing something stupid, you're bound to get seen again and the next time won't be so damn happy-go-lucky. You would think that people would learn, but they don't.

If you folks haven't noticed... I don't participate in large group racing. That's just a giant red flag. When more than two people want to go out and (no offense, D) "Tear up the streets!" you're putting a target on your vehicle and anyone with you. I don't want the board getting a bad name because a few of us decide to be cocky every now and then. I also don't want any of its members getting ticketed or getting their cars impounded or something much worse... This is why we have rules/regulations for keeping locations a mystery among other things. If someone, say the FPD, found our board -- it's kim's and my ass on the line. We don't condone street racing. Period.

As far as hearing the cars from a mile away -- it's true. If you have anything done to your vehicle, you WILL be heard and you will be seen. If you're going to do stupid shit, take Andrew's advice and do a run-and-leave.

Maybe this is just my cocky admin shit kickin' in... but I don't want a bad name on any of us. Keep this shit under control, guys.

Rant Switch
Back to top Go down
http://keesterphotography.wordpress.com
Tsuma
Spinning through Second
Spinning through Second
Tsuma

Male
Number of posts : 61
Your Ride : 1988 Nissan 200SX
Personal Title : Cleanest S12 in NWA
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 2:40 pm

I'm with Drew and Kim.

I know I'm just another member on the board, but if you guys are going to be planning out your street races, do it somewhere else please. If a cop or someone was to find the board and find you guys planning an event or something, we'd all be fucked.

I was never one for street racing and, especially after seeing Nate almost wreck the stelica, I'm definantly not going to be participating. There are a few drag strips not too far from fay-town, so if you want to do some racing, why not plan a day to all head over? At least at a strip it's legal and you have real evidence of who is faster.

Try to keep yourselves out of trouble, guys.
Back to top Go down
AndrewG
Redlining into Fourth
Redlining into Fourth

Male
Number of posts : 144
Your Ride : 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Personal Title : Slow
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:55 pm

You know, as much as I hate to say it, you give the wrong impression by having a street racing section on the forum. If you are really worried about anything, I'd take that down first thing.

Don't take offense from that, just thought it needed to be said. After all, even with the disclaimer there it still shows that it goes on and that people on this forum participate.

Also, just so it's mentioned, don't say you aren't into street racing if you'll still line up at a stoplight. Even to the speed limit it is still the same thing. I HAVE done that, and I'll admit to it.
Back to top Go down
302_Stang
302_Stang

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 4:43 pm

I understand that street racing is a controversial topic, but telling us that we're doing something wrong isn't going to change it... the reason we have the street racing forum is because it's stupid to assume that no members will participate. There have been severe problems with other forums because of that assumption. (Synergy501 and ARrides have had issues with this.)
The street racing forum will stay up. We aren't organizing street racing meets on here and I don't plan to. All that was done was to point out that what happened last night was stupid and unnecessary. We were lucky to get away with nothing more than a verbal warning... and it should be an example of the repercussions of racing in a semi-residential area.
Everyone has their own opinion and that's understandable... but I'm going to set up some final and non-debatable points here.

1. Members of this forum DO street race. Whether you approve or not, it happens.
2. These members will not use the public forum to set up street racing/other illegal events. If you want to talk about where the races are going to be, use the PMs... that's why they're there.
3. The street racing forum will stay open and will remain viewable by registered members only. My SUGGESTION is not to post names/places. If you do, that's your own decision because it's YOUR ass on the line. Not mine.
4. Individual moderator opinions aside, Redline Division Motorsports does NOT condone street racing.

I'll be locking this thread and leaving it visible... If you have any questions or comments, PM me, call me, text me... whatever. Most of you have my phone number.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15   Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic Meet -- Saturday Nov. 15
Page 1 of 1